Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fate

He looked surprised to see me.

"Why are you here?  I thought you were going to Chey and Stefanos' class."
"Well, I was going to go their class, but I've never been to this class. And the only reason why I was going to their class was because I thought they were hot and that didn't seem like a good enough reason."
"It sounds like a good enough one to me."

Still, I hesitated.

"Pick a number between one and a thousand."
"Twenty-five."
"That's not it; go to the class."
"Zero."
"No. We can do this, but you'll be here for a while."

I had another solution.

"Does anyone have a quarter?"

It was time for fate to decide. 


One of Gray's attendees didn't have a quarter, but he had a coin.

"Tails."
"What is it for?"
"Just flip it."
"Okay, but you've made the decision."

He flipped his coin. It landed on tails.

I started walking away.

"Oh, I see how it is."
"But you told me to go."
"Yes, go. I mean nothing to you."
"You're mean," I whimpered.

Gray smiled his wry knowing grin.

I trudged off up the hill towards the Dungeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter