Friday, October 16, 2009

My First Rejection

Well, technically it is my second, but my first was never getting a call back. This one was rejected. Actually, not chosen.

I entered a small contest on a literary agent's blog. You post the first paragraph of a story you are currently working on. That's it. I was entry #2446, I think. Today he posted the ten finalists, along with 15 honorable mentions. My name was no where to be found.

I know I will get a lot of these before I get my first bite, but dammit I had high hopes. Reading the posted finalists, I get why they were chosen. They were all good. But I thought mine was too.

I suppose that's how it goes. I love my work. Now I must find someone who loves it just as much as me and get them to pay me for it.

I know I have to take classes. And I have to write more. And I have to throw myself in this more if I really want to succeed. But yes, I had hoped this would have been a good start. And, in a way, I suppose it is.

No meteoric rise for me, but a slow grind to the top. Let's see what I can do.

PS. I'm going to a party tonight and this really killed the high I was cultivating since this morning. I made it to the gym all by myself and burned 615 calories cycling all alone, my only motivation from my iPod. I need to find my mojo again. I think a six pack, pumpkin carving, and friends are just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter