Thursday, July 7, 2011

27

On the eve of my 28th birthday, I am more nervous than I would have anticipated.  I've said this quite a few times lately, but that doesn't make it any less true: 27 was a really good year for me.

From last July to now, my life has taken multiple amazing twists and turns.  A recap!

- Apartment: I moved into a single bedroom spot where I was able to make a life all my own.  It was my safe haven, my oasis in the desert of busy life.


- Summer Camp: I allowed myself to explore kink on my terms, finding my way to the awesome slut you all know and love today.  I met good people, made discoveries about who I am and what I want.  I opened myself up to be who I am and not who others wanted me to be.


- Happy Hour: Walking up the stairs to the bar that first Thursday night was almost as nervous making as going to camp by myself.  But I found my people; I found another home.  Stories, advice, laughs, and random dance parties are just want this kinkster needed.  There I formed strong friendships that have sustained me this past year. 



- Winter Fire: The second jewel of my kinky triple crown, I allowed myself to be me without using my friends as a crutch.  I created yet still more friendships and learned yet still more about myself and my kink.  And it was fun too.



- Work: Raises, more company opportunities, and general approval of my work as a tech among all of my employers has helped me to grow confidence in myself and the job I do.  To put it frankly, I am the shit and everyone knows it.



- Fusion: Um, wow!  I know I have not finished recounting the multitude of awesomeness that was my kinky weekend, but fuck.  Trust me.  It was amaze balls and then some.  And yet another instance of me learning just how the shit I am.  Oh, I am.


- House: And now, sitting here in the Family Room with my kinky family in our awesome new house, I am happy, truly happy.


Life, you have been awesome.  In the year to come, please keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter