Monday, June 8, 2009

The Country We Should Be At War With

North Korea has convicted two American journalists, Euna Lee & Laura Ling, for "grave crimes against North Korea" and sentenced them to 12 years in prison, the maximum possible punishment. They are to be transferred to a labor camp in ten days.

I am normally not a pro-war person, but, in the case of North Korea, I am inclined to make an exception. It is hard for me to understand why they keep doing this. I understand the concept of a communist dictator. But, one would think, he would not actively seek to provoke the international community, nor would he threaten the most powerful country in the world. And yet, here we are.

The small country of North Korean is a thorn in the side of the international community. Their only ally, China, cannot even control them. No insane, for I believe him to be so, dictator cannot and should not have the capability to kill and destroy that nuclear weapons allow. North Korea's blatant nuclear tests, missile launches, and rejections of diplomacy lead me to a place I am rarely found; I would support going to war with them. If it were not for Afghanistan & Iraq, I believe we may have already taken that step. Chalk up yet another alarming situation caused by our former president.

Read more on the plight of the journalists and what others hope will be the eventual outcome, namely using them as bargaining chips in further negotiations with world leaders, in the following article I read on USAToday.

North Korea sentences US journalists to 12 years in prison

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter