Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slacker

Okay, I admit it: I didn't go to the gym AT ALL last week. I was lazy and snoozed through each time I was suppose to wake my SO and myself up in the morning. After work, I found excuses to avoid the YMCA. Bad panda.

Because of my snooze addiction, it is now my SO's job to get us up at 6:30a, Monday through Friday, and get our butts in the gym.

Today I weighed myself. Two months in and I've lost four pounds which, surprisingly, is relieving. This means:

1) I've stopped gaining weight. I gained 30 pounds in the first year of my relationship with my SO. It's been a few pounds more since then.

2) Some weight is coming off. It may be slow, but it is sure.

This morning we attended a Tai Chi class. You'd be surprised how much you have to work just to smoothly move your body while keeping your feet planted.

I've gotten into the habit of cooking for two hours on Sunday, prepping all my lunches and dinners for the week. I cook enough dinners for both myself and my SO because, I've found, if one of us eats out, the other will too.

This week will be bad again for the after work workouts. I missed yesterday to run to the bank. Today I'm visiting with friends. Tomorrow, I have to work. I think I'll be able to fit in cardio on Thursday. Friday, I have my first therapy session, so I don't know.

I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter