Monday, September 26, 2011

Midori Wants Ice Cream

Today's blog is another fun Rope Camp memory I wish to impart.

After the opening night's Meet & Greet, which originally was to be smores around the campfire, but was moved into Dungeon because of the rain, members of NYR Cabin congregated towards the front entrance, ready to take on an important mission: Midori, an amazing woman and rope goddess we all love and admire, wanted ice cream. As Gray, Murphy, and Dov brainstormed about transportation, I quietly said, "I have a car." With the addition of NYR Cabin Meat's vehicle, our formiddable caravan was set.

In a quirky moment in the parking lot, people debated who would go in which car.
"Gray. Murphy. Dov. Sasha. My car!"
"So that's what your Dom voice sounds like." Actually, Gray, it was my lead voice. I saw a problem and took control of the situation to get us to a solution. That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Traveling through the wet warm night, we soon made our way to 7-11. Along with partaking in ice cream, there was a collective desire for Slurpees. To everyone's amazment, I admitted to never having had one before. This needed to be remedied.

The commemorative cups at the time featured a hot profile picture of Daniel Craig, therefore I had to buy one. Only thing is, the cup was the Super Big Gulp, the largest possible Slurpee I could have purchased.

Big Bro, being kind of heart and empty of stomach, offered to kill said drink with me. Stepping up to the Slurpee machine, I chose the Coco-Cola flavor and filled my cup up to the top, including its dommed lid. Paying for all our drinks and ice cream, we quickly huddled up for a group photo before heading back to camp.

The inspiration for our Slurpee purchases came from Midori, who thought of a fun way to prank the attendees at Rope Camp. We were going to "Slurpee" their scenes: encircling their space and staring at their work, everyone sipping on their drinks while queitly commenting. It was to be like Glee, but without the mess. Unfortunately there were few people in the Dungeon when we came back, leaving us only the pleasure of Slurpee-ing a scene with Scott Smith, who found our presence amusing.

After our fun, we all gathered in Cabin 2, and toasted to NYR with sake, a fitting start to an amazing Rope Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter