It's 3:27am and I'm awake. This is not insomnia; I'm just awake. Not really sleepy, cause I took a nap around 10pm til 11:45pm, but I think I'll make myself sleep soon.
So, I moved, mostly. About a third of my shit is around me now, in a house I'm sharing with three friends, who happen to all be in a relationship, and another friend who is riding our couch for the summer. Yup, we're that house.
I forget lots of things, as displayed in previous posts. Tonight's forgetting: most people don't randomly stay up nights just fucking around on their phones. To be fair, before this move, I would've been watching random cable TV, which I think is a little more normal.
So, um, yeah. There are people here. I can't just stomp around, dancing randomly to my Thriller album (vinyl; yup, I'm cool). Staying up requires me to be semi-quiet, thereby muffling my outbursts of laughter. And it's dark, like making me uncomfortable dark. (Yes, I admit it: I'm an adult who's scared of the dark. Bite me.)
So, compromise. That thing I haven't had to do for a year. We meet again, fucker.
My job, by nature, gives me an odd schedule and weird sleeping habits. I was able to stay up at camp (a long post to come about that later) til 5/6am every night cause I'm used to running on little to no sleep. Oh, and of course the adrenaline helped.
But now that I'm living with people who have 9-5 jobs, I have to remember to tip toe at night, come in through the side door because they bolted the front (yeah, that will need to change; fucking pissy arrangement there), and try to be, fuck, considerate.
Living with friends is fun… right?
The Cornell Rape Case from 2016 Shows How Not Much Happens Even If It's
Handled Better Than Jane Doe's
-
The *Cornell Daily Sun*, the student newspaper at Cornell University,
published an article on February 1, 2016, that said, "A female student
reported she w...

No comments:
Post a Comment