Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm An Aunt Bitches!!!

If you have any intelligence at all, you can deduce from the title of this blog that I am over the hill ecstatic that my BFF (yes, I used the acronym, wanna fight about it?) gave birth this weekend. And by this weekend, I mean the ENTIRE weekend.

Okay, not quite, but it felt like it. Her water broke at 2:34a Saturday into Sunday. You may ask why I know the exact time of this momentous occasion. Well, it's because she sent out a text message to EVERYONE to let us know.

I must say, I owe a great debt to the internet and technology in general. We knew going in that she only wanted her husband and mother by her side. So, the rest of us who have a vested interest in this little life waited...and waited...and did I mention the waiting?

I love my BFF. She is so strong. I knew she was strong before, but I think enduring 24hrs of labor puts you among those who've stamped a ticket into Valhalla before they reach 30.

If you didn't know, I am a worrier. All through the day Sunday, I kept my cell phone out and by my side & my laptop on my lap, as I constantly hit refresh on Twitter and Facebook. I texted her husband a few times, trying to get updates. I was so happy when anything was said, just letting me know she was okay, if by okay you mean writhing in pain trying to push something big out of a small hole.

I got the text message at 2:32a, Sunday into Monday, letting me know my niece was now in this world. To calm my always worrying nerves, I asked how they were doing, and was relieve to find out she was nursing just fine.

I am so happy, it seems nothing could ruin my day. Which, of course, has just doomed me for the next 24hrs, but that's okay because my little niece is finally here and my BFF survived one of the hardest ordeals of any adult female's life.

SO MANY PICTURES TO TAKE. I'm going to go visit Wednesday and completely fill my memory card with shots of my little niece. I will get permission from Mom & Dad as to whether I can share her image with the world. And even if I can't, those images will be for me of that beautiful girl.

This child will be surrounded by SO MUCH (young, liberal, completely understanding no matter what) love. Watch out world; this kid is going to conquer you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
hit counter